MOVEMENT IN TOUCH
A vital mix through Contact Improvisation + Tango + Tai Chi elements
LEIPZIG WORKSHOP + JAM
THE ECOLOGICAL BODY
In the age of technological sedentarism we suffer from lack of movement and touch. In contrast, the human species evolved through a variety of movements in ever changing scenarios.
The mix of Contact Impro, Tango, Tai chi and movement principles can provide a variety of non repetitive movements vital for our wellbeing. Besides, this combination aids in getting us in touch with oneself and others in a grounded and consensual way.
The type of movement input we nourish our bodies with will transform us biochemically, remodelling us emotionally and creatively generating new synapsis and movement patterns, invigorating our minds.
This open combination, boundless of a given style, developed in a playful environment, results in a freedom of movement that expands our possibilities of expression and creative complicity. It provides the possibility to deepen the understanding of our bodies and our physical relation with society and Nature.
The Ecological Body is a fluid crossover between the disciplines of Biomechanics, Neurobiology, Ecology and Somatics.
- nourish a variety of movements that can be easily integrated in our every day life.
- develop movements that have to do with our evolutionary history (pushing, pulling, walking, squatting, lifting, spirals, etc) establishing a flow between them. alone or in duos, and applying them to Contact Impro, tango or any dance expression.
- develop awareness of our possibilities and of our physical limits, enhancing our instinctual animal reflexes reconciling them with the limits of our structural anatomical design,
- broaden the subtleness of our sensory motor system through touch, breath, relaxation and grounding
- develop different body organisations by expanding our physical imagination,
- reclaim our bodies enhancing our sensoriality and our empathic connection with others, in duos, trios and groups.
This workshop is open to people of all experiences interested in movement creation as a path of knowledge, healing, communication and personal enrichment.
DATE & TIME SCHEDULE:
Saturday April 27: 11:00–18:00 (1h lunch break)
Sunday April 28: 10:30–15:30 (1h lunch break)
Sliding scale 80-100€ / 90-120€ after April 14. Discount for full time students & unemployed.
Sunday Contact Impro Jam starting at 17:00 at Tanzzentrale Leipzig
Erich-Zeigner-Alle 64, 04229 Leipzig
INFO and REGISTRATION:
Sophia Steng: firstname.lastname@example.org
ELEMENT OST YOGA
Schulze-Delitzsch-Straße 19, 04315 Leipzig
Javier Cura is a teacher, visual artist, theatre director and movement coach who has worked extensively in the realms of movement and dance. He has been invited to teach and perform at Fabrik Potsdam Tanztage, Goettingen Contact Impro Festival and Phantastango, Farma Dance Theatre Festival and Alchemie Tango in Prague, C.I.R.A in Strasbourg, as well as to CI Festival San Francisco (USA). He has dedicated himself to researches in anthropological and sociological themes to develop projects in social theatre in Italy, Morocco and Germany. He has collaborated on a research on expression in Contact Improvisation at the Berlin Free University. He has worked as movement advisor for Sickle Cell patients in London Royal Hospital. He is currently working on the “Ecological Body” with UN Ecology researchers. www.javiercura.net